Monday, November 17, 2008

Web Video: MEDIA CHANGES THE FEMALE IMAGE

In class, we are currently discussing web videos and their use in media and public relations. We were assigned to express ourselves through expressing an opinion through the use of a web video.

I chose to create a video which discusses the media's influence in women. I decided that an interesting way of proving my point was to show how the media has obviously stylistically influenced women throughout the last 100 years. This was a very interesting way of showing my information, especially in comparison to the podcast, or just a blog, because it allowed me to communicate in a more visual manner, and letting the images speak for themselves more than text. Since, this topic is something that is very physical, images allowed me to make this concept more interesting and direct. I used Ratatat's song, "El Pico" to help me move the video along. All of the images were obtained from the Internet.

I used Sprout Builder to do this video. In the beginning, it seemed like a friendly and easy to use program, but, in the end turned out to be way more troublesome than I expected. I mostly had trouble with the timing and publishing features of the software.



I hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

Ceci Garcia said...

Cool video Analee!

I tried using Sprout builder too but I ran into the same problems you did. I switched to Jumpcut instead and found that it worked much better!

Shannon N. said...

This video was great... I really like the way you juxtaposed the images to make your point. Its a shame you had some issues in the actual creation of the video but it didn't show.

I really wish more people thought about the impact the media is having on women and the way they view themselves. I did my American Dilemmas paper on this and while it was a bit of a stretch at the time (calling it a social issue) there is not doubt in my mind that it now is. It is becoming a frightening problem.

Thanks for taking the time to make such a meaningful video on this issue.