Sunday, September 21, 2008

Stumbling newbie

Okay, okay...So I finally got suckered into joining one of the social bookmarking sites mentioned in class (that was not mandatory): StumbleUpon.com.

I can't talk about it much yet, because I am too recent of a member, but, so far, so good! It is nice to learn, explore, and find several good sites of my interest that I would have probably never found, or taken the time to find, honestly. I suppose, as of now, I have found myself never doing "nothing" online, because I am stumbling, and I like to tell myself that at the very least, I'm being resourceful, and finding interesting sites. However, I have also found that as for the times I am actually supposed to be doing work, I find myself stumbling once again. I suppose that is the default of the newbie obsession to any other site.

1 comment:

Shannon N. said...

I know what you mean.... When my roommate introduced me to StumbleUpon last summer it was like an obsession. I would spend hours on it doing absolutely nothing but just looking at random websites I couldn't even imagine existed! My dad would even get mad at me because I'd be so tired at work the next day because I hadn't slept...

It wasn't until recently in class that I started thinking about how you can use the program in the workplace and since then, its opened a lot of doors. If you haven't taken Capstone yet, consider using it to help you find sources! Its nice to know that something so fun is really a helpful social media tool!